Skip to main content

Humble Beginnings

Greetings, dear readers!

As I stand at the precipice of a brand new adventure, I simply cannot contain my excitement and enthusiasm any longer. I am thrilled to share this news with all my esteemed friends and connections who have been with me throughout my journey thus far. Let me give you a brief rundown of my path up until now. After graduating, I worked as a Mediation Associate under the illustrious Mr. Sriram Panchu until February 2022. He has been a constant source of inspiration and guidance in my life, and I will always be grateful for his mentorship.

In November 2020, I co-founded a tech company called IRO (Intelligent Resolution Online) with some of my friends. However, due to personal reasons, I had to exit the company in April 2021. But did that stop me from pursuing my passion? Not in the slightest! During the lockdown period between April and December 2021, I decided to spread my wings and work independently as a lawyer. My main focus was on civil and commercial disputes, where I assisted my clients in arbitration, mediation, and litigation. From January 2022 until April 2023, I had the pleasure of working at CAMP Arbitration & Mediation Practice, a private institutional mediation service provider. This experience helped me gain a more holistic understanding of the field and sharpened my skills even further.

But now, I stand before you with a burning question in my mind - what was the purpose of this journey, and where do we go from here? My passion for mediation and dispute resolution has led me to explore the exciting world of Online Dispute Resolution (ODR). While attending the Agami ODR Forum in Bangalore earlier this year, I was absolutely blown away by the latest developments in ODR, including the use of smart algorithms and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in dispute resolution. I met some incredible, like-minded individuals who motivated me to take a leap of faith and pursue a journey in ODR.

And so, here we are! While I continue to provide consultancy services to help individuals and organizations better equip themselves for work in mediation and ODR, I have decided to embark on a passion project. This will be a space where I can share my thoughts and ideas on the latest developments in ODR, conduct polls and surveys to gauge what my readers are interested in, and even host live sessions with domain experts to spread greater awareness about ODR and its related systems. I cannot emphasize enough how important your feedback is to me. I encourage all of you to send me your thoughts and ideas via email or engage with my posts on social media so that I can curate content that is tailored to your interests. Together, we can build a community of passionate ODR enthusiasts and keep the flame of innovation burning bright.

Lastly, I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to my mentor Mr. Panchu and Kee from Agami for their unwavering support and encouragement. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to take this leap of faith.

Thank you for reading, and let's keep pushing the boundaries of what's possible in ODR!

We are live on - https://linktr.ee/mohitmokalmediation 


Yours Truly, 

Mohit Mokal


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEBI to Enable Online Dispute Resolution Mechanism for Faster Resolutions

Enabling ODR SEBI, the Securities and Exchange Board of India, has recently announced its plan to implement an online dispute resolution (ODR) mechanism for its stakeholders. The move aims to provide a more accessible and efficient dispute resolution process for investors and other market participants. This announcement came after the SEBI Board Meeting held on 29th March 2023, and the ODR mechanism will be implemented through a dedicated online platform, designed to offer easy access to investors, intermediaries, and listed companies for dispute resolution. SEBI has been working tirelessly to improve the dispute resolution process, particularly by making it more efficient and swift. Currently, dispute resolution cases can take a long time to be resolved, causing frustration to investors and stakeholders. Hence, SEBI's decision to enable online dispute resolution will allow investors and other stakeholders to submit their complaints online and have them resolved in a timely manner.

Interview with Ms. Chittu Nagrajan

Our first interview with Ms. Chittu Nagrajan the co-founder of the Resolution Centre at e-Bay and PayPal, Modria.com, ODR world and ODR India, the first Online Dispute Resolution Service Provider in India in 2004.  She served as Head of the eBay and Pay Pal Community Court initiative and has supervised several Masters Students in the United States including Harvard. She is a Regular Guest Speaker at several Universities in Malaysia and India where she speaks on Intellectual Property, Mediation and Online Dispute Resolution. In this interview we ask her questions about the journey of ODR, the foundation of NCTDR, CREK, ODR.com, the transformation of technology from 2006 to 2023 and finally advice for young professionals entering the field of ODR. Interview Begins M - Good morning, Chittu Ma'am, and thank you for taking the time to come here. So this is the first edition of our interview with ODR experts such as yourself. Now before I begin, I'd like to give a brief introduction